Home

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

How small can I go?

I remember I used to knit my own sweaters a long time ago. I loved Norwegian patterns or Fair Isle knitting. I haven't completed the last sweater I started about a year ago but now the weather is getting colder it's the perfect season to get that one finished too.

I have picked up knitting again though, but now in micro scale. It was quite challenging at first, the technique is the same as knitting in real life size but it does take a little more effort. Holding those tiny crochet or knitting needles feels awkward at first and loads of times I lost stitches or miscounted.
Coming across Amigurumi years ago I still wanted to knit or crochet those cute little creatures.

Last weekend I finally finished my last series of little animals. I made mice, a rabbit and a squirrel and decided to stage them in little scenes representing their homes or nests in the fall or winter time.

Here are some pictures of what I made so far.




The animals are about 2 cm tall, not even an inch!
There are still so many more little ones I'd love to make; a hedgehog, a dog and cat, a fox, little birds. To be honest it is often a surprise for me too what my knitting needles do and what kind of animal it turns out to be.

1 comment:

Giac said...

Hello Peggy,
Those are superb! Wonderful work...the detail is fantastic!
Big hug
Giac